Wednesday, November 16, 2016

I'm Back!

I know that it has been a  few years since I have touched this blog. My life the past few years has definitely been a hell of a roller coaster ride (I will not open that can of worms). Since this time has been so stressful I fell into old ugly eating habits. I ate because I was sad. I eat because I was happy, I eat because I was mad. I eat because I was several emotions all at once! I threw my scale in the trash and never looked back. I had work, kids, husband and a household all to take care of and it was just spiraling out of control. My current weight is 227 pounds. I swore that I would never hit 200 pounds again. But what can I say. Life happens.

So here I am sitting at 227 and very much in need of change. I quit my job after I had surgery in June. I'll get a little personal for a few minutes. I had a rough few months with uterine fibroids at the beginning of 2016. It got bad and decided along with my doctor and husband that the best option for me was a full hysterectomy. It was hard decision for me but in the end I knew it was the right thing to do. Surgery went well and was released for the hospital 2 days later, I prayed that when I had my "girly parts" removed the doctor would tell me that they weighed 20 pounds and I would miraculously be under 200 pounds when I woke up!! Well that didn't happen.

Since June I have been a Stay at home mom. I get up, take the kids to school, come home, clean, cook, run errands, pay bills, watch lots of Netflix, and EAT!! At the beginning I was eating big heavy meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our oven stopped working almost a year ago so everything I made had to be made on the stove or crock pot. Then I broke my crock pot. I was devastated. When we finally got out new stove/oven I couldn't hep myself! We were baking anything and everything we could think of. None of which was "healthy". I mean we were eating like KINGS and our bellies were starting to look like it. Even more than before.

My husband and I have both been struggling with our weight since the beginning of our marriage. Our weakness is food! We don't buy extravagant things or travel. We spend out money on eating! We always have. We still do. I mean to a point we still do. We have been on a tighter budget since I quit working. We need this change for the both of us.

I started off slowly a couple of weeks ago but haven't seen much change. We don't eat out much anymore. I am cooking, 3 meals a day, almost 7 days a week. We do treat ourselves once in a while. Last week it really hit me hard that I HAVE TO CHANGE. I went grocery shopping and bought meats, vegetables and other healthier options to cook. I have been hitting Pinterest hard looking for healthier, tasteful options to cook. If it doesn't look good, taste good or smell good I WILL NOT EAT IT. I have always been this way. My husband will eat anything so it is easy for him when it comes to eating. Small changes include cooking more veggies, using olive and avocado oil, baking dishes instead of frying, less breads, drinking more water and less sodas and sweet tea. Good thing is my kids are on board and have loved most of what I have been cooking so far. I love that my kids will eat anything. They love veggies!

Now for the exercise. I have to get motivated to start working out. Every night before I go to bed I tell myself that I am going to get up, take the kids and go work out. I have a membership to my local gym that is literally 2 minutes from my house. It is conveniently located just outside my neighborhood. It is a 24-hour gym so there should be no excuse. I can go early or late or anytime in between! I have NO motivation. I get home and I just... I don't know...Don't!

Something has to give. We took the kids to a football game in San Antonio this past weekend and we had to park a few blocks away. We basically fast walked our way to the stadium and then have to go up 2 large flights of stairs before even getting into the stadium. Then  of course our seats were on the 3rd level. That is 3 flights of very large stairs I had to rush up. It was painful. Luckily, I had my asthma pump handy. It took me about 30 minutes before I felt like I could actually enjoy the game. It scared me and my husband. It made me realize just how out of shape I really am.

So with that I will recap my plan of action: Eat Healthier! Exercise More! Be Happy!
I can do this! I can do this! I CAN DO THIS!!

Thanks for stopping by and catching up.
Lots of love!


No comments: